The CSC Global Hackathon Grants officially kicks off on September 15 at Hackerlink.io, a global online developer community. The Grants is now open for submission to all developers around the world and will remain open until December 12. All project parties can sign up for the Grants and share the prize pool up to $300,000.
In addition to getting more community votes and judges’ votes, excellent project parties may also be favored by venture capital partners of CSC.
Apply to the Grants: https://hackerlink.io/en/grant/CSC/1
We welcome all community members to vote for their favorite projects. When you vote on the projects, you are making direct donations of CETs to them and become one of their sponsors.
Below is the voting guide.
How to vote/sponsor the projects I like?
2) 1. Click “Grant” on the top bar, then click “CSC Global Hackathon Grants” on the page, or click https://hackerlink.io/grant/CSC/1 to directly enter the event page.
3) Then click “Grant BUIDLs” to view project details.
4) Select projects you decide to vote for and click on “Vote”. (Note that every vote is a direct donation of CET to support the projects.) Choose wallet (MetaMask or WalletConnect).
Please configure the network to CSC Mainnet.
5) Select the number of votes you’d like to give.
Please note that each vote costs 10 CET, and the Nth vote costs N*10 CET according to the quadratic voting algorithm. For more details about quadratic funding, please refer to: https://vitalik.ca/general/2019/12/07/quadratic.html
6) Sign and confirm in the wallet, and submit votes.
7. You can check the leaderboard for real-time voting results.
If you have any questions, please add @hackerlinkofficial on Telegram to get more support.
What is quadratic funding? How does it work?
Quadratic Funding Grant is inspired by Vitalik Buterin and was first applied in GitCoin’s Quadratic Funding Mechanism to fund public goods. Soon after that, it swept through the Ethereum ecosystem.
The funding mechanism includes two grant pools:
- Direct donations from community contributors
- 2. A matching prize pool from sponsors
The quadratic funding algorithm is intended to increase the weight of community donation and decrease the weight of a single contributor. It makes it more difficult for a single contributor to invest heavily into one single project, and thus encourages community contributors to donate to more projects.
To know more about quadratic funding, click: https://vitalik.ca/general/2019/12/07/quadratic.html
CoinEx Smart Chain (CSC) is a decentralized and high-efficiency public chain created by the CoinEx public chain team for decentralized finance. Committed to growing into the next generation of blockchain financial infrastructure, CSC is characterized with full compatibility with the Ethereum ecosystem, high efficiency, negligible gas fees, and permission-less staking for being a validator.
CoinEx Smart Chain website: https://www.coinex.org
Developer documentation: https://docs.coinex.org/#/
Test coin faucet: https://testnet.coinex.net/faucet
Apply for CSC’s $10 Million Support Plan: https://www.coinex.org/million_dollar_plan